Welcome to the BRR..R...R...soldier.
Below is a repeat of an announcement you may have seen on another forum. If you're interested in joining Brannigan's Rough Rangers, please re-read this information, and post accordingly. Thanks for stopping by!
War is Hell Gaming is now recruiting for:
Brannigan’s Rough Rangers
Come join a decade old community of buddies in a laid-back atmosphere. War is Hell Gaming
is a community that has traditionally focused on friendly teamwork in shooters such as the Battlefield series, Counterstrike, World of Tanks, and more. We’ve branched into Star Trek Online, and the fun continues! You won’t
find veteran players screaming at you on TeamSpeak because you triggered a buff too early, “accountants” tallying up your participation points to see if you can queue up for a fleet action, or anybody riding you because you’ve been saving up your dilithium for those dual heavy cannons instead of a new mailbox for the starbase.
What you will find instead are relaxed players ranging from die-hard “I don’t think I’ve ever seen him not
online” to the newest of the ship captains – “Somebody help! It says my face shields are down! How do I have face shields in space?!”. Sure, we’re working on a starbase, but nobody is going to tell you what to do with your resources – contribute what
you can when
you can, and focus on having fun in the expanded Star Trek universe.
Sound like something you’re interested in? Read on to see if you’re ready to join up. The Alpha Quadrant ain’t gonna save itself, captain.
What we’re looking for:
- First and foremost: friendly, approachable players are our goal.
- A willingness to contribute (see below).
- Players of any rank and any captain type.
What we offer:
- Forums that have been around for some time – as the fleet grows, War is Hell can establish a sub-forum just for our STO discussions.
- A dedicated TeamSpeak channel
- Help for players of any level
- A sense of humor and fun that has been developed over the years
What we expect:
- We expect that our members will behave like mature, friendly adults. This doesn’t mean you have to be married with 3 kids to join, but if we have to explain “mature and friendly”, this probably isn’t the fleet for you.
- We expect that when you play, you contribute to the team in some way. This can include coaching a new player, helping build the starbase, running fleet actions with us, helping with difficult missions, designing a fleet uniform, etc. We won’t tell you what to do with your time, just be engaged – after all, if you wanted to solo STO, you wouldn’t join a fleet, right?
- Respect for the command structure of the fleet – The boss is the boss, and while virtually everything is up for discussion, drama because you disagree is not helpful. Say your piece, and if you don’t get what you want, hop in your starship and kill some Borg until you calm down.
How do I join?
Like we said, this isn’t some kind of fancy-pants WoW guild where you fill out a 13 page application. Come on over to the friendly forums at War is Hell Gaming. Register for an account, and post about yourself in the Meet and Greet forum so we have a rough idea of who we’re dealing with. Then, head to the Brannigan’s Rough Rangers Fleet Recruitment thread (Hint - this is that thread) and just tell us your in-game handle (character@handle) to get the process started. We’ll contact you and the fun can start.