Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brannigan's Rough Rangers Recruitment Roster

Formerly Father Goose InspectorFowler's Avatar

Brannigan's Rough Rangers Recruitment Roster

Welcome to the BRR..R...R...soldier.

Below is a repeat of an announcement you may have seen on another forum. If you're interested in joining Brannigan's Rough Rangers, please re-read this information, and post accordingly. Thanks for stopping by!

War is Hell Gaming is now recruiting for:

Brannigan’s Rough Rangers

Come join a decade old community of buddies in a laid-back atmosphere. War is Hell Gaming is a community that has traditionally focused on friendly teamwork in shooters such as the Battlefield series, Counterstrike, World of Tanks, and more. We’ve branched into Star Trek Online, and the fun continues! You won’t find veteran players screaming at you on TeamSpeak because you triggered a buff too early, “accountants” tallying up your participation points to see if you can queue up for a fleet action, or anybody riding you because you’ve been saving up your dilithium for those dual heavy cannons instead of a new mailbox for the starbase.

What you will find instead are relaxed players ranging from die-hard “I don’t think I’ve ever seen him not online” to the newest of the ship captains – “Somebody help! It says my face shields are down! How do I have face shields in space?!”. Sure, we’re working on a starbase, but nobody is going to tell you what to do with your resources – contribute what you can when you can, and focus on having fun in the expanded Star Trek universe.

Sound like something you’re interested in? Read on to see if you’re ready to join up. The Alpha Quadrant ain’t gonna save itself, captain.

What we’re looking for:

• First and foremost: friendly, approachable players are our goal.
    • A willingness to contribute (see below).
    • Players of any rank and any captain type.

What we offer:

• Forums that have been around for some time – as the fleet grows, War is Hell can establish a sub-forum just for our STO discussions.
    • A dedicated TeamSpeak channel
    • Help for players of any level
    • A sense of humor and fun that has been developed over the years

What we expect:

• We expect that our members will behave like mature, friendly adults. This doesn’t mean you have to be married with 3 kids to join, but if we have to explain “mature and friendly”, this probably isn’t the fleet for you.
    • We expect that when you play, you contribute to the team in some way. This can include coaching a new player, helping build the starbase, running fleet actions with us, helping with difficult missions, designing a fleet uniform, etc. We won’t tell you what to do with your time, just be engaged – after all, if you wanted to solo STO, you wouldn’t join a fleet, right?
    • Respect for the command structure of the fleet – The boss is the boss, and while virtually everything is up for discussion, drama because you disagree is not helpful. Say your piece, and if you don’t get what you want, hop in your starship and kill some Borg until you calm down.

How do I join?

Like we said, this isn’t some kind of fancy-pants WoW guild where you fill out a 13 page application. Come on over to the friendly forums at War is Hell Gaming. Register for an account, and post about yourself in the Meet and Greet forum so we have a rough idea of who we’re dealing with. Then, head to the Brannigan’s Rough Rangers Fleet Recruitment thread (Hint - this is that thread) and just tell us your in-game handle (character@handle) to get the process started. We’ll contact you and the fun can start.
    Live Gamertag: InspectorFowler
    PSN Profile: PC_Butterman
    BF4 Soldier: InspectorFowler

Nice. Here's a testimonial of sorts.

I've just gotten into STO myself, and it's been a strange and confusing experience.

Spent maybe an hour with my little light cruiser in the shadow of whatever ungodly monstrosity Majorsystemerror was flying as he actually showed me several dozen CRITICALLY IMPORTANT THINGS THE GAME NEVER MENTIONED...

And the amusing situation when he joined me for a ground mission. Apparently they scaled the enemies to HIS high level... Then scaled HIM down close to MY low level. That was an interesting situation to claw our way out of!

And I'm not kidding when I say that I'm probably twice as combat effective as before, just from a bit of coaching. (auto-firing phasers, go figure!)

Posts all day

So Gear is setup in the fleet?
    "One Man with Courage is a Majority" - Motto USS Andrew Jackson (SSBN 619)

Formerly Father Goose InspectorFowler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GearaDoga View Post
    ...(auto-firing phasers, go figure!)
    No joke - the day I figured out what the green outlines around the weapons were, it made the game not only easier but more "Trek". I can just give the command to "fire" and then I don't have to keep mashing buttons like I'm in a shooter.

I can't remember if I said it here or in-game, but if I had more time I'd get FRAPs and record some "Here is how this game actually works" tutorials for YouTube, since the devs just don't seem to get it. There is a sweet point between complex enough to be fun and actually accessible for new players that they need to aim for.

Any way, welcome aboard, glad to have you!
    Live Gamertag: InspectorFowler
    PSN Profile: PC_Butterman
    BF4 Soldier: InspectorFowler

Quote Originally Posted by LordBeer View Post
    Yup, all set up. Spent a little time poking around the starbase and otherwise just grinding through the story missions.

The Dude
    Blog Entries

Re: Brannigan's Rough Rangers Recruitment Roster

I know wrong thread...but auto fire?

-sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by LordBeer View Post
    Yeah, I got him in last night. And he wasn't kidding about that ground mission, that was the weirdest thing I'd seen yet in STO....him and his full away team + me and that huge penis exten..I mean anti-proton orbital cannon minigun I carry couldn't take on a half-dozen Klingons. We got wiped out twice in 5 secs and had to respawn all the way back at the start. I should have brought my lower level alt, but whatever. And for anyone who is interested in playing, for god's sake jump into TS and get one of us to help you for an hour or two, we are more than happy to help. It will literally make the difference between enjoyment and rage quitting because Fowler is bang on in his assessment...without assistance, it can be frustrating as there are a million things they don't tell you. BTW, that's a great recruitment ad Fowler, good job...is it in the STO forums as well?

P.S. For anyone interested in STO, but may be hesitant about how "free to play" it actually is, don't worry, you don't have to spend a dime to get the full experience. I've bought two ships for a grand total of $30, and they were totally unnecessary, I could have just waited and farmed enough Dilithium to buy them for free. So far I've farmed enough in-game currency (all perfectly legit-no chinese money farmers here) to expand my account multiple ways. So if Xmas has hog-tied your wallet and made it "squeal like a pig, boy!", d/l STO and come join the fun!

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayu View Post
    I know wrong thread...but auto fire?
    Yes...TS is your friend. Quit wandering off to play "Iron Brigade" or "Orc raper 2000" or whatever and we can help. :P
    “The definition of stupidity is buying EA games over and over again and expecting different results.” — Albert Einstein

The Dude
    Blog Entries

Re: Brannigan's Rough Rangers Recruitment Roster

Meh... killing orcs is so much fun!

-sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

WiH Veteran

you can kill more orcs with a starship!

If it bleeds...we can kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by sir_digalot View Post
    you can kill more orcs with a starship!
    truedat!!! Pew pew pew!!!!!
    “The definition of stupidity is buying EA games over and over again and expecting different results.” — Albert Einstein