Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does your "enter battle" button lag? [possible fix]

Thumbs up Does your "enter battle" button lag? [possible fix]

After updating to the latest client and joining some servers running R11 I noticed my "enter battle" was lagging a lot. One of the DICE devs posted a possible fix for this and it worked for me. Below is his quote and the link to that thread in case it does not work for you.

Example of spawn lag: every time you click on "Enter battle", the game freezes for up to 10 seconds.

Example of game settings problems: the game wants to run at 1024x768 or 800x600 and doesn't remember if you change it to something else.

Which of the two above problems are you experiencing?

Do you have an antivirus product installed? (AVG, NOD32, etc)

If yes, can you instruct the antivirus product not to scan & protect your Documents\BFBC2 directory?

If yes, does that help?
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1234596

I saw alot of chat ingame about this today.
    I didn't notice the problem.
    Some said it affected users of Ventrilo.

I'm not wearing pants!
    Many ppl are reporting this problem. I'm going to test it tonight without the possible fix first. If it seems to be a prob i'll try these fixes.

I had the issue and so did a guy on my team, we both use AVG. Setting the BFBC2 folder to safe in our documents directory fixed it. A random user in our server was having the issue and I gave him this suggestion - he came back and told me it worked. So far 3 for 3. Not too sure what factors go into it, but AVG definitely seems to be one of them.

I'm not wearing pants!
    I just played several rounds and did not have one spawn lag. In fact, I dont have to hit the enter battle button multiple times to get in now.

I use the free version of Avast.

There is a direct problem with AVG Resident Shield and BC2. If you dont want to turn AVG off, then add it to Resident Shield Exceptions. Add the steamapps folder, the BFBC2 folder in my Documents folder, and the battlefield folder within the steamapps directory just to be sure. This should clear up any lag time when clicking enter. Wow at a major bug, but I doubt DICE puts a free virus scanner on their PCs lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SnaKe View Post
    I just played several rounds and did not have one spawn lag. In fact, I dont have to hit the enter battle button multiple times to get in now.

I use the free version of Avast.
    Mine started lagging like that after the update. Noticed it last night. Didn't have the problem before.

I added it on the resident shield exceptions but still was doing the same thing so i just turned off resident shield and its fine.
    Is Resident shield that important?

Quote Originally Posted by Fovos View Post
    I added it on the resident shield exceptions but still was doing the same thing so i just turned off resident shield and its fine.
    Is Resident shield that important?

Only when you're surfing the web.
    Just turn it back on after gaming.

has more posts than you
    Added to exceptions for AVG. I'll see if there's a difference when I play later
    I have projectile dysfunction.