Welcome to Drayu's repository for IL 2 setup! Please read the entire first post before proceeding.IL 2: Sturmovik 4.11.1m
Part 1: Install
- Install base game from either DVD or Steam
- Read the Patch Install Instructions here before installing patches
- Click here to download the patches our downloads section (also available on several other websites)
Part 2: Setup
- After installing the base game and all patches you need to set up the games config.ini and settings.ini files. These files set graphic/sound setups and key commands. I have an already configured set of files for use, see below.
- CLICK HERE to take you to IL-2 Sturmovik files which include:
2. configuration files
3. settings files
4. default (unaltered) files
**All zip folders have a Readme that you should read and follow!!!
- I put together a Google documents spreadsheet with most of the IL2 commands. It has all the commands that I deemed worthy enough for we casual players. The spreadsheet has a high percentage of all the possible commands in the game labeled with MY associated key presses(found in the config files used above). You can feel free to use my spreadsheet as is with my settings or you can copy it and change it to your hearts delight.
- Click this link for access to the Google Document.
Part 3: Multiplayer Setup
Multiplayer in IL2 is very limited. We have had multiple occasions where trying to connect by ip to each other has not worked for some and worked for others. Online servers are dogfighting servers and we wanted coop missions. To make connecting to each other easier, install a program called Tunngle (creates a virtual lan between all computers).
- Install Tunngle from their website www.tunngle.net
- Create an account
- Find IL2 in the games list
- Once in the same room as everyone start up IL2 and go into the multiplayer. You should see any game that is put up by the people in the same room as you on Tunngle.
Feedback is always appreciated.
1. My config file has graphic settings for a modern computer, you may need to lower a few settings if you get lag
2. there is a coop.rar in my files, install it to missions>net>coop It contains many coop maps that I have found over time.
Last file update: 1/24/2013